Hang tight. We’re working on getting some great merch up real soon! In the meantime, we’re now accepting submission to The Street Trust t-shirt design contest.
Calling all designers!
If you haven’t heard, we’ve grown to the Power of 3! We now advocate for healthy and thriving communities where it is safe and easy for people to bike, walk, and ride public transit. It’s not just about getting around better, it’s about what getting around better gets us. Safe streets are critically important, but just as important is where they lead: straight to healthier, more vibrant and productive communities and neighborhoods for everyone. Without safe and easy walking, biking and transit, truly healthy and thriving communities will always lie outside our grasp.
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) will soon be operating as The Street Trust to reflect our new mission. The new name denotes trust and strength and embodies a strong sense of pride and love for great, healthy streets. This is an exciting time for the BTA / The Street Trust and we want an exciting new t-shirt to go with it!
Are you a designer with a passion for active transportation? We’d love to see your vision of our new mission on a t-shirt! We’re conducting a contest to breathe some new life into our brand, and the winning design will be used on official The Street Trust merchandise, starting with a t-shirt. Read on for more details.
- The contest begins on Monday, December 5.
- Submissions will close at 12 p.m. on Friday, January 20.
- Members voting will close at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25.
- BTA / The Street Trust staff voting will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, January 27.
- Winner will be notified by 5 p.m. on Monday, January 30
- Three rounds of voting will be held:
- Round One: Up to 9 designs will be chosen by a panel of BTA / The Street Trust staff
- Round Two: BTA members will vote on their top 3 designs
- Round Three: A panel of BTA / The Street Trust staff will hold a final vote
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept / originality
- Captures spirit of The Street Trust mission
- Striking and memorable design
- Eye-catching and visible from a reasonable distance
- Completeness of design – must be ready for print
- Feasibility / must be easy to reproduce
- Adherence to the above design/submission guidelines
Winner Notification & Recognition
- The winner will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the address provided on the submission form. At the sole discretion of the BTA / The Street Trust, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: 1. Winner’s failure to respond to notification within 5 business days after notification is sent; 2. The return of an email notification is undeliverable; 3. Winner’s failure to provide original design files; and 4. Winner’s failure to execute and return a release form.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the contest via a post on The Street Trusts’ blog and social media channels.
- Winner will receive one of each merchandise item containing the winning design and a Street Trust membership (or extension of current membership).
Design Submission Guidelines
- Design must be inspired by our new mission: We advocate for healthy and thriving communities where it is safe and easy for people to bike, walk, and ride public transit.
- Design for only the front of a plain, short sleeved t-shirt.
- Design may not contain more than four colors (plus the shirt color).
- If design does not incorporate The Street Trust logo, please place logo on either the back of the shirt or the sleeve (no bigger than 2 inches tall).
- When using The Street Trust Logo, must use according these guidelines. It is not required that logo is incorporated into the design.
- Logo and font can be downloaded here.
- Up to three different designs may be submitted, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Design must be wholly original.
- IMPORTANT: By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- When setting up your file, make sure it is in PMS rather than CMYK.
- All images must be saved at 300 DPI with specifications of 12” wide x 16” high (although your design does not need to fill the entire area)
- Submissions must be in jpg, tif or pdf and no more than 10 MB. Photograph submissions will not be accepted.
- The winner will be required to provide the original design in a high res format, compatible with Photoshop or Illustrator. Make sure all files have a transparent background.