We believe every kid deserves to walk and bike to school (and other places) safely!
The Oregon Safe Routes to School Network conducts a monthly information and resource-sharing conference call and offers a quarterly newsletter and yearly low cost trainings. The Network facilitates the semi-annual Walk+Bike Summer Camp and the Annual Meeting, hosts a listserv, and promotes the Walk+Bike Challenge and Walk+Bike to School Day each year.
Members of the Network get the inside scoop on what’s planned for upcoming Walk+Bike events and give input. By being a Network Member, you’ll also find out what other parents, teachers, and Safe Routes to School coordinators are doing to get students walking and biking in their communities. Members also share ideas and success stories or questions and challenges they’d like some help problem-solving.
Contact Sheilagh Griffin to join the mailing list and receive announcements and notes.
Learn more about Walk+Bike events here.
About the Network
The Oregon Safe Routes to School Network has been promoting Walk and Bike to School Day since 1999, providing training and resources to schools around Oregon who participate in the international event. The network meets monthly and member organizations provide staffing, expertise and resources to support kids walking and biking to school.
- Enthusiastic and engaged parents, teachers, community members, and you!
- Oregon Safe Routes to School
- Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Eugene Safe Routes to School
- Commute Options
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oregon Department of Transportation*
- Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Department of Education – Healthy Kids Learn Better
- Oregon Medical Association
- Gresham School District
- SafeKids Coalition
- Oregon Health & Science University – ThinkFirst program
- Rogue Valley Transit District
- City of Newburg
- Klamath County Health Department
- Oregon Health Department
- Salem Boys and Girls Club
- Albany YMCA
- Eugene Parks and Recreation
- Albany Parks and Recreation
- City of Ashland
- Corvallis School District
- …and many more!
*The Oregon Department of Transportation is a major partner, helping to promote Safe Routes to School and Walk+Bike events since 1998.