Pretty soon, it will be dark before 5pm. That means lights and reflectors will soon be essential to being seen and staying safe on the road.
Trimet is getting the word out about the importance of visibility with their annual Be Seen Be Safe event on November 5th.
This year’s event, however, is citywide.
Rather than have fashion shows and bike parades in Pioneer Square as they have in the past, they’ll be partnering with organizations like the BTA to hand out lights and reflectors at locations citywide.
The BTA’s Be Seen Be Safe station will be on the east end of the Steel Bridge at Peace Park by the bike signal during the evening rush hour. We need some cheery volunteers to run the station and sling some visibility form 4pm-7pm.
We’re looking for people who want to:
- Wear warm, highly-visible clothes.
- Load a trailer up with the BTA tent and table plus a bunch of lights and reflectors.
- Bike that trailer over to Peace Park at the east end of the Steel Bridge.
- Set up and hand out lights and reflectors to bicyclists and pedestrians until 6:30pm.
- Bring everything back to the BTA office.
Is that you? If it is, SIGN UP to volunteer.