The 2017 Oregon Active Transportation Summit was March 19 – 21 in Portland, OR
The 2017 Oregon Active Transportation Summit was three days of inspiring mobile workshops; plenary sessions; professional training; and networking with innovators, thought leaders, and passionate professionals from the Pacific Northwest.
If you are a professional, policy maker, or advocate working in the fields of transportation planning and engineering, community development, transportation justice, recreation and tourism, or public health, this event is for you!
2017 Active Transportation Summit
Where: The Oregon Zoo, 4001 Southwest Canyon Road, Portland, OR 97221
Keynote Presenters include:
- Jarrett Walker—President, Jarrett Walker + Associates
- Abigail Doerr—Policy Director, Transportation Choices
- Gerik Kransky—Policy Director, The Street Trust
- Noel Mickelberry—Executive Director, Oregon Walks
- Jessica Larson – Executive Director, Welcome Home
- Louise Bohler—German National Cyclists’ Association
- Innovations and Best Practices in Planning, Design and Engineering
- New Developments in Research, Data, and Bike and Pedestrian Counting
- Vision Zero, Safe Routes to School and Age-friendly Communities
- Nexus Between Active Transportation, Economic Development, Housing and Tourism
- Community Engagement, Equity, Health and Social Justice
- Marketing Alternative Transportation and Active Transportation Messaging
AICP and ASLA credits available. Please see full agenda for approved sessions.
View presentation materials from the breakout sessions here.
Day 1, Option 1: Includes light breakfast, full lunch, and afternoon snack and networking break.
Day 1, Option 2: March 20 Summit Light: Includes access to the full day of keynotes, plenaries, and breakout sessions, but does not include food or beverage. The Zoo has several options for lunch and coffee, as well as the Children’s Museum Cafe across the parking lot. This is a great option for those who want to attend but are on a budget!
Day 1, Presenter Rate: Reserved for those presenting as part of a breakout session.
Day 2, Option 1: Includes light breakfast, full lunch, and afternoon snack and networking break.
Day 2, Option 2: Includes light breakfast, full lunch, and afternoon snack and networking break.
Mobile Workshops: Are free, please RSVP to attend.
Online registration is now closed. There will be an opportunity to register for “Summit Lite” at the conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Note: Cancellations cannot be accepted after March 13, 2017.
The scholarship application process is now closed. Scholarships were announced to winners on Monday, March 6 2017.