For the first time, the BTA BikeSwap will be an opportunity for families, new cyclists and experienced riders to buy and sell their cycling gear as part of the PDX Bicycle Show on March 23rd and 24th.
Just in time for spring, BikeSwap is expected to include thousands of cycling-related items like bikes, trailers, tools, parts, and accessories at bargain prices. Pedal Nation Events is partnering with the Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) and the Community Cycling Center for this event. A portion of the proceeds from BTA BikeSwap will help these two non-profit organizations to create healthy, sustainable communities by making cycling safe, convenient and accessible for all.
- Buyers will be able to view items online prior to the sale which saves time and lets buyers focus their search.
- BTA Members have exclusive access to shop during the first two hours of BikeSwap, giving them first choice on BikeSwap items.
- BTA memberships will be available at the show and include discounts to nearly 100 businesses, restaurants and bike shops throughout Oregon. VIP Shopping Hours for BTA members are Saturday March 23rd from 10:00am until noon.
- The final two hours will feature a Gambler’s Sale with any remaining gear and bicycles at 30% off their already-low, bargain basement price. Gambler’s Sale hours will be Sunday March 24 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Unsold items will be donated to the Community Cycling Center whose mission focuses on broadening access to bicycling and its benefits.
The BTA BikeSwap is also a chance to clear out garages, sheds, closets and storage areas of unused gear while also helping others. There are three ways to get rid of your gear:
- Make a tax-deductible charitable contribution by donating gear. Gear can be dropped off at numerous locations or can be picked up by the BTA.
- Consign your gear, BikeSwap will work to sell it and will split the proceeds with you.
- Purchase a table for the show and sell it yourself.
For more information, including details on how to donate, consign or sell your gear, check out: