The Street Trust’s 2023 Oregon Active Transportation Summit will take place Sunday, April 23rd through Wednesday, April 26th, 2023.
A few sponsorships are still available. Interested in sponsoring the Summit? Email us.
This year, the Summit theme is “Move Into Action.” Our goal is to take big ideas for our transportation future and make them actionable. The challenges to building a safe, accessible, racially equitable, and climate smart transportation system are getting more complex every day. Now is the time to build our capacity to take the lead with urgency and enthusiasm.
What to Expect
We’re planning a myriad of presentations, workshops, and field trips to bring attendees together to problem-solve and build community in real time. The hybrid format will include a combination of in-person, live-streamed, and virtual content. Whether you’re local and can attend in real life, or far away and attending remotely, expect a full schedule of fun and interesting activities!
Here’s an overview of the topics we’ll explore:
- Resiliency and Prosperity – Pandemic Era, Climate Smart, and Other Innovations
- Accessible and Inclusive Systems – Centering Disability, Racial, and Age Justice
- Paying for it – Transforming Expertise into Investment
- E-bikes and Micromobilty – From Emergent Tech to Mobility Workhorse
- Safe Routes and Great Streets for All – Encompassing and Surpassing Vision Zero and Safe Routes to Schools
- NEW! Community Curated Track– Tools, Tips, & Tricks for Making Sh*t Happen
2023 Summit Headliners & Highlights
- “State of Oregon Transit” opening plenary featuring Sam Desue, Jr., TriMet General Manager
- City of Hoboken Director of Transportation and Parking Ryan Sharp
- Book reading, “Roadways for People: Rethinking Transportation Planning and Engineering” with author (and Metro Council President) Lynn Peterson
- NEW! Sunday Fun Day – Multimodal Scavenger Hunt & Kickoff Party
- Back by popular demand – Tuesday evening PechaKucha
- NEW! Two networking events each morning
Is this in person or a hybrid event?
The 2023 Summit will take place online and in person at the Lloyd Center in Portland.
Is there a conference hotel?
Receive a discount at the Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center during the summit using this link or calling 971-222-1234 and using code HYPDX1. Thank you to the Hyatt Regency for donating 10% of these sales to The Street Trust!
Read about additional Lloyd District lodging and area highlights on Travel Portland.
Who should attend?
Each year, hundreds of professionals and advocates from Oregon and SW Washington convene to discuss cutting edge transportation issues. Attendees include: state legislators; policy makers; local and national figures in the biking, walking, and active transportation movement; directors of transportation departments and community-based organizations; engineers and planners; land managers; business owners; health professionals; and community advocates. We hope you will join this wide array of leaders to share lessons and learn. Active transportation advocates and practitioners bring energy and passion for change to this event, and the result is a powerful conference that advances our shared goals.
What is the Sunday, April 23rd programming?
The conference sessions will happen Monday through Wednesday, but there will be two kickoff events on Sunday:
- Sunday, April 23rd, 1:00 p.m. Move For Mother Earth Multimodal Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, April 23rd, 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Oregon Active Transportation Summit Opening Reception